Clocks, Watches/clock advice

Question
I have just acquired a partially assembled long case clock The movement is Kieninger 06R 116, triple chime. The leader is missing but I knocked up a bracket to suspend the pendulum.  However the pendulum seemed too heavy for the arm.  Is there a set weight the pendulum should be? Also the rod that supports the hands is bent, can this be easily replaced?   
Many thanks in anticipation.

Answer
Pete, at the moment I am unfamiliar with the Kieninger 06R 116cm.  I can check when I return to my shop Monday.  However, I  can tell you a little about the hanging arrangement. From the number you provided, the pendulum is designated a 116 cm (not necessarily exactly that length).  It is usually a rather heavy pendulum.  The way your pendulum hanging arrangement is configured is that there is a horizontal post about 1/4" in diameter at the top back of the movement. The suspension spring hangs from that and the hanger attaches to the suspension spring.  The pendulum is hung from the hanger.  There is a vertical arm coming out of the back of the movement that is shorter than the hanger but is connected to it, usually in a slot.  If it is not configured correctly the clock will not run.  If you need parts I do have them but we'll try to find a supplier nearer to you, like Germany (that's where the movement is manufactured). Is it possible for you to send me a clear photo of the back of the movement with what you have attached to it?  My shop email address is below.  It sounds like the bent rod to which you are referring is the centershaft.  It runs through the movement all the way to the back.  The only way for it to be replaced is to disassemble the complete movement.  It is sometimes possible to straighten the centershaft, but it has to be done correctly.  If they are off just a little, the movement will jam.  I have done a few, but some have been bent so much that I have had to replace them.  Send me a photo of the front of the clock also, showing the damage.  I look forward to hearing from you.

John Newman
THE VILLAGE CLOCKSMITH
Old Prattvillage
Prattville, Alabama

klokdok@juno.com

Due to the number of Allexperts questions and
the workload I have at my clock shop, I regret
that I cannot answer personal email questions
on a timely basis other than Allexperts follow ups.  

Clocks, Watches

John Newman