Clocks, Watches/sbs feintechnik 66 PL45 F5 Albert shwav karlcruhe

This clock sbs feintechnik 66 PL45 F5 Albert shwav karlcruhe  used to be my fatherinlaws and it's now my husbands
The clock has not been cared for in the last four-five years when it was perfectly working then it was put down and stored in an Attic up until 2 months ago we have it at home now but want to repair it and keep it in the family
Since it was in store it developed some rust, the minute and the hour tips have snapper a little and one of the two weights is now missing   
The wooden lid has 876 stamped on it
We don't know nothing about this clock, estimate value and best person to repair it

Diana, I do not recognize that clock.  However, I have sent in an inquiry to my Internet Clocksmiths Group to see if anyone is familiar with it.  I do not give values on the Internet.  The best person to service it would be an experienced clockmaker.  If you will let me know the area in which you live, I will see if I can find any of our group members near you.  Also,it might help if I could see a photo of it.   Reply to my shop email address and I will let you know what I find.

John Newman
Old Prattvillage
Prattville, Alabama

Note concerning questions not related to Allexperts:  Because of my commitment to answering Allexperts questions within a prescribed time limit and the large backlog of clock work at my shop, I regret that I cannot answer personal email questions on a timely basis, other than Allexperts follow up questions.  I will try to answer these emails as soon as I can. Thank you for your patience.  

Clocks, Watches

John Newman

As much as I would like to offer values of clocks, I am not a certified appraiser and will not venture into giving an unresearched guess. There is very little published information on what I consider to be the value of "modern production clocks". Considerations are what the clock originally sold for, the condition of the case and movement, and particularly the area in which you live, the demand and the economy. ALSO, WATCHES ARE NOT MY FIELD. However, I can advise the clock owner on proper maintenance of a clock to keep it running, small corrections and adjustments and how to move a clock without damaging it. I can also advise on obtaining parts for clocks. It helps if you can send any information on the clock movement which is usually found on the back plate of the movement. I have been a clockmaker for about 35 years and was plant engineer in the mid 90's and later operations and engineering consultant at Emperor Clock Company in Fairhope, Alabama. I now have my own clock shop.

One of my greatest accomplishments was traveling to China to assist a clock factory in building clocks to the standards which we required. With the proper specifications and quality control, some beautiful clock cases were built. The factory people from the wood carvers to the plant manager were very congenial, friendly and I left a lot of wonderful friends when I returned from my trips.

NAWCC (National Association of Watch and Clock Collectors) 30 years Prattville, Alabama Chamber of Commerce

Horological Times, a publication of the American Watch and Clockmakers Instute. Collaberated column author, with Photos and ideas for clock movement conversion article.

Associate of Science Mechanical Engineering Technology Emperor Introductory Clock Repair (Eventually taught a portion of the class after becoming employee)

Small Business of the Quarter (Prattville, Alabama) Leadership Class of 2009 (Autauga County, Alabama)