Clocks, Watches/jerger & black foresh watches

Question
black forest watch
black forest watch  

jerger watch
jerger watch  

I am from NZ and i have two clock watches of my grand father, whom i want to sell. The details are as under -

1st watch

On the back side, following is written –

ON BOUNDARY OF BLACK FOREST SOUTHERN GERMANY

“Population 171,000 – 1990

PLENTY OF GOTHIC ARCHITECTURE FINE WINE AND COUNTLESS PUBS FOUNDED 1457 (UNIVERSITY) (TOWN) FOUNDED 1120

CITY CENTRE – MUNSTERPLATZ

OLD CITY EASTWARDS – SWABIAN GATE

GASTHAUS BAREN (BEAR INN)

CLAIMS TO BE OLDEST INN IN GERMANY

2nd watch

Alarm clock ---Jerger

Boheia Hand cut lead crystal made in czoslovalkia

Back side is written “Germany”

Note - I am attaching the pictures also of both the watches. Pl. let me know the price, so that i can courier you from NZ.

My question is about 1st watch - is this an OIL PAINTING.

thanks

Anna

Answer
Anna, I'm afraid I am not going to be much help here.  First, we would consider the two items as clocks, not watches.  The first one in painting is a rather old battery powered movement of which thousands were manufactured.  I don't know if the painting (or copy) was made and the movent was later installed or if the painting was made for this purpose.  The second clock as you indicate is a Jerger which might have been a post WWII clock or sometime around that time.  I would suggest looking on an Internet auction site such as eBay for a Jerger crystal clock.  eBay lists quite a few and you can look on completed listings to see what the prices for what they have been selling.  I don't know the values of either of the clocks, and in my Allexperts persional infomation I explain that I usually don't give values over the Internet.  Sorry I could not help you more.

John Newman
Vintage Emperor Clock Consultant
THE VILLAGE CLOCKSMITH
Old Prattvillage
Prattville, Alabama  

Clocks, Watches

John Newman