Clocks, Watches/Re: Anitque Clock

Question
Clock
Clock  
I would like to find out what kind of clock I have and its approximate value or how Incan find out the value.

Answer
Sandra, as indicated on my Allexperts personal bio I do not give formal appraisals over the Internet.  However, your clock is a very popular and desirable collector's clock and  I will go ahead and give you a general range of values from the Internet "Antique Clock Identification Guide" of which I am a subscriber. If you frequently need to look at prices and history of clocks, this is on of the good Websites of which to subscribe.  You can access this Website to look at your clock, but the prices and information will not be shown to non-subscribers.   First you have what is know is a "Fashion" calendar clock manufactured by the Southern Calendar Clock Company.  The movement was manufactured by Seth Thomas and the story is that at the time of the manufacture of this series of clocks there was still quite a bit of dissension between the North and South and that was the reason for the name of the company, which was in St Louis.  From your photograph, it looks like you probably have what is known as a Fashion No. 2.  From auction sites over the last 10 or so, the values have ranged from $650 to $1500 (in excellent original condition), depending on original features, condition and the demand for clocks in the areas of the auctions or sales.  You can Google Fashion or Southern Calendar Clock Company and find more information.

John Newman
THE VILLAGE CLOCKSMITH
Vintage Emperor Clocks Consultant
Located in Old Prattvillage
Prattville, Alabama

(not a mailing address)  

Clocks, Watches

John Newman