Clocks, Watches/battery travel clock

My clock is a quartz no (0)jewles unadjusted I can find the battery size and I lost the battery inside the battery compartment it just says 2 but no size of battery

Hi Raymond,
The statement "no (0) jewels unadjusted is put on the large majority of timepieces being made in the past several decades so that the items can easily pass through customs when being traded internationally.
It goes way back to the days when real jewels (ruby, sapphire, etc...) were used to reduce friction in the pivot holes of clocks and watches. Many countries restrict or charge a tariff on the import/export of timepieces with jewels because of the precious stones used in the jewels. Real stones may still be used in some fine watches and a few clock movements but now days they are mostly synthetic.  I'm sure that is more than you wanted to know about the jewels but I put it out here for others who may read this thread.
I really don't have enough information to go on here. Can you post a photo of the battery compartment?
Thank you,
clock parts and repair

Clocks, Watches

Michael Radi

Clock repair and clock parts questions.

I have been professionally repairing clocks for 17 years. I owned and ran a clock shop for 6 years and I am the owner of the clock parts supply company;

National Association of Watch and Clock Collectors

High school graduate, some college, graduate of Niles Bryant School of Piano Tuning and repair.

I perform about 20 clock repairs per week.