Clocks, Watches/Ingraham Clock not chiming on the hour.

Question
I have a 1879 patent date. It is a mantel/wall clock, I have it on the wall. When opening the door to wind it, I jerked the clock to one side & it would not keep running. It was out of beat, and the piece that supports the pendulum had slipped down and was no longer attached to the brass rod with a slit in it. I got it back in place, and made a new pin to hold the part that the pendulum hangs from in place. The clock is now in beat and running fine. The issue is that it does not chime until about 5 minutes past the hour or 1/2 hr. The minute hand has a square at the base that slips over the square peg it is mounted to.  Any suggesting on how to get the time and chimes back in sync.  Thank you.

Answer
Diego, I apologize for delay in my answer.  I put myself on Allexperts "vacation" & it didn't take.  I am in a small town in Honduras on a mission trip drilling fresh water wells.  Internet connection is poor. I will try 2 answer your question this pm. If i cant, could I ask u to wait until next week or contact another expert? Sorry about the mix-up. John newman

Diego, good job on getting the clock to run and in beat! Was the clock striking incorrectly before the "Accident" happened? These clock manufactured aroun this time require making an internal adjustment, sometimes requiring the movement to be completely disassembled.  There is a possibility that the minute hand has been put on backwards.  The square holes in the minute hands can be off center a little, and if that case, reversing it can correct the problem.  Let me know if this works, and if not, I will get back with you the first of next week when I return to my shop.  I am in a hotel with Internet service for the evening and will be on my next leg of my return trip tomorrow, so probably will not be able to contact you any more until my return.

John Newman  

Clocks, Watches

John Newman