Clocks, Watches/Peerless gong on grandfather clock

Question
I have a peerless gong grandfather clock. One of the rods on the chime has broken. I understand that this cannot be welded or fixed back into place, Can you advise on a possible source of a replacement chime? All new chimes found on various websites have much shorter rods.

Answer
would need a photo to see what we are dealing with-- one rod missing from a set of how many? is this a Westminster chime set up? how long is the broken rod?

most repairs would not restore the proper note or tone I fear

maybe the entire set can be replaced with a modern one that would play properly albeit be shorter?

this is not an easy one...........

Clocks, Watches

Kenneth Saunders