Clocks, Watches/Turning off alarm

I have a small metal cloche hd-1668 sheng bang clock and the alarm keeps  going off. The stem in back if the clock sets the alarm time but does not seem to have a way of turning it off. I tried to pull or push it but nothing happens. Do you have any suggestions?  Thank you

The problem with the movement is internal. If you want to attempt to repair it you would need to take the back cover off. There are contacts inside that close when the alarm is supposed to sound. I would guess that the contacts are not opening back up after the alarm time passes. Alarm movements are more complicated than those without alarm because of the extra parts needed to accomplish that task. That makes them more likely to fail. As a clock parts supplier, I quit selling alarm movements because we had so many problems with them.
Usually when a quartz movement goes bad we suggest replacing it but I don't know of anyone selling a movement with an alarm feature. If the alarm is not important to you I can help you match up a time only movement to fit your clock.
I'm sorry I don't have better news regarding the alarm,
clock parts and repair

Clocks, Watches

Michael Radi

Clock repair and clock parts questions.

I have been professionally repairing clocks for 17 years. I owned and ran a clock shop for 6 years and I am the owner of the clock parts supply company;

National Association of Watch and Clock Collectors

High school graduate, some college, graduate of Niles Bryant School of Piano Tuning and repair.

I perform about 20 clock repairs per week.