You are here:

Clocks, Watches/Wedgewood green jasper ware clock


Hi I was given this old Wedgwood mini clock with horses on the front and a scalloped edge near bottom
It's about four inches tall and four to five inches wide   Where can I have the mechanism fixed I have tried battery to no avail. Thx  I live in San Antonio Texas but if I need to send off for repairs I am happy to send it off to be repaired

Hi Pam,

If the battery doesn't work it will need a new movement.
I'm sure a local clock repair person can help you
with that.

I have a few articles on how to replace a battery movement
on this forum. You can look them up if you think you
would want to do this job yourself.

If the battery you are trying to replace is an "N" battery,
they look like a half of a double A battery, I find that
many buy the wrong battery. Many time a 12 volt battery is bought
instead of 1.5 volt. The 12 volt doesn't work. The clock doesn't
run due to too much voltage.

Hope this helps,
The Clocklady

Clocks, Watches

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Marilyn Bellotti


This is for advice only. ~Most~ repairs need a professional. If I can help you with an adjustment that can set your clock back in order I will try. I can not write a chapter on clock repair. I will point you in the right direction and you will have to do your own research on how clocks work for more intense repairs. -No Watches -No Appraisals. Search ebay for past sales for that information.


29 years repair experience

Certified Horologist

©2017 All rights reserved.

[an error occurred while processing this directive]