Clocks, Watches/Regulator clock

Question
Hi Kenneth,
My Aunt has a Regulator Centurion 35 day. Last week it was working fine and chiming as it should on the hour and the half hour. It has stopped and the hands seem to be frozen, where she said that they used to move freely.

Do the clocks need oiled or otherwise maintained with lubrication? She tells me it has operated with no problems for at least 25 to 30 years.

Thank you.

Answer
probably stuck because the left spring that powers the chime had not been wound up enough and the clock kept running and finally jammed.

wind both springs tight about 25 turns! back the minute hand up a half hour and try again.

probably could use an oiling sometime but not the current problem I think

Clocks, Watches

Kenneth Saunders