Clocks, Watches/installing weights on sleigh grandfather clock

I just moved my grandfather clock from storage after 3 years. I'm having problems installling the weights. There is a cable a round wheel hanging on the cable. So i put the wheel on the cable and the hook i believe is on bottom of the wheel. But when i try to slip the hook of the weight it seems too small to slip on. How does it get hooked on? Am i doing it right?  Also do you think i should have it serviced since it was in storage for so long?
Thank you,

the cable comes down goes around the track in the wheel of the pulley and then goes back up into the clock-- the weight hooks on the bar or strap that hangs from the certer of the little pulley wheel.

if it works properly after you set it up - service is not needed.  the heaviest weight goes on the right side as you face the clock and the next heaviest in the middle ( they may be marked on the bottom)

see here

Clocks, Watches

Kenneth Saunders

any mechanical clock question -no watches- no battery clock questions and no appraisals-ie: "how much is my clock worth?" type questions please! Attach a photo if possible and note all markings on the rear of the mechanism- thanks 40 years as a professional clock repair person- still a full time clock repair service owner

43+ years as a professional clock repair person- still a full time clock repair service owner.

Comment - On a scale of 1-10, I would give Mr. Saunders a 15 on each category. His responses were clear, addressed my questions and concerns in a way that even I could understand, and even sent a picture. He explained what I had and how to resolve the issue. I was amazed at how quickly he replied to each on my e mails. He shouldn't get a gold star, he should get a whole box of them!!! Thank you Mr. Saunders, I will keep you on my e-mail "speed dial". Comment - Ken answered my question regarding how to adjust the proper striking of the hammers on my Grandfather clock within a few minutes of my sending the question to him. He answered my follow-up question the next morning. I would rate him higher if there was a number larger than ten in the selection box. Thanks again Ken Comment - I RECEIVED AN ANSWER WITHIN AN HOUR.OUTSTANDING SERVICE.YOUR RATING SHOULD BE HIGHER THAN 10. Comment - This Man is Fantastic...there is no Scale for a him...if there was...He'd beat the top of Smile....I could never ask for more ....this Man is his Score....