Clocks, Watches/installing weights on sleigh grandfather clock

Question
Hello,
I just moved my grandfather clock from storage after 3 years. I'm having problems installling the weights. There is a cable a round wheel hanging on the cable. So i put the wheel on the cable and the hook i believe is on bottom of the wheel. But when i try to slip the hook of the weight it seems too small to slip on. How does it get hooked on? Am i doing it right?  Also do you think i should have it serviced since it was in storage for so long?
Thank you,
Laura

Answer
the cable comes down goes around the track in the wheel of the pulley and then goes back up into the clock-- the weight hooks on the bar or strap that hangs from the certer of the little pulley wheel.

if it works properly after you set it up - service is not needed.  the heaviest weight goes on the right side as you face the clock and the next heaviest in the middle ( they may be marked on the bottom)

see here   http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/z/clock-gear-pulley-17737238.jpg

Clocks, Watches

Kenneth Saunders