Clocks, Watches/Kassel 31 day grandfather wall clock

Question
QUESTION: I would like to know where I can find a replacement top dress piece for the cabinet on this clock. It keeps perfect time but when I bought it used it did not have the top ornamental piece.
Thank You,
Robert

ANSWER: Robert, I am not sure of the meaning "grandfather wall clock"  Generally, we refer to the floor clocks as the grandfather clocks.  I would think you did mean wall clock.  As far as I know the Kassel clocks are manufactured in Asia and are either 15 or 31 day clocks.  There are many variations of the designs of these clocks.  There could be other manufacturers with the name Kassel, but I don't know.  I have had a few in my shop for repair or some I have obtained and resold, but none now.  When you refer to the top ornamental piece, do you mean the complete crown assembly that fits in a slot in the flat top of the clock or just the turned finial?  If you can send me a clear photo of the front of the clock and the height of it I might be able to find a topper for you.  My shop email address is below.

John Newman
THE VILLAGE CLOCKSMITH
Old Prattvillage
Prattville, Alabama

klokdok@juno.com

Note concerning questions not related to Allexperts:  Because of my commitment to answering Allexperts questions within a prescribed time limit and the large backlog of clock work at my shop, I regret that I cannot answer personal email questions on a timely basis, other than Allexperts follow up questions.  I will try to answer these emails as soon as I can. Thank you for your patience.  

QUESTION: Hi John,
The clock is a Kassel 31 day wind up pendulum wall clock. The piece I am looking for is the top crown assembly with the filial in the center. Top measures at 12in.wide by 5 1/2 in. deep.

Answer
Robert, without seeing a photo of the clock, I cannot research that clock and verify that the crown would be the right one.  But on these clocks a slight variation would be acceptable.  I would suggest that you Google Timesavers Clock Supply and look at the section on Vienna Head Pieces.  You can choose the one that you think would look nice on the clock.  I believe the pieces are made from bass wood or popular.  They would have to be sanded and stained.  I hope this helps.

John Newman

Clocks, Watches

John Newman