Clocks, Watches/Linden clock

Question
I have a Linden wall clock #8052 I am looking for the knob that is on the bottom of the clock. There are three knobs on the bottom. Two small and one medium. I need one, small one. Do you know were I might find one? Thanks

Answer
Ronald, there was more than one manufacturer of Linden clocks.  I know one was German and another Asian.  There is very little information available on these clocks unless some of us have photos or copies in our shops.  

As far as the knobs go, I believe you are referring to the finials but am not sure.  If they are finials, the designs did vary and it would be rather difficult to find one to match the remaining one. What we do in this case is to replace matching pairs.  I can probably help you if you can send me a photo of complete front of the clock and a closer one of the remaining small finial (or knob).  I will probably be able to tell from a photo, but do you know the finish on the clock such as cherry, mahogany, walnut, oak or maple?  Also what is the height of the finial from the base and what is the diameter of the dowel that fits in the hole in the clock?  Send what information you can to my shop email address below.  I might have the finished finials you need or can find a source for finials (unfinished) that will probably work.

John Newman
THE VILLAGE CLOCKSMITH
Old Prattvillage
Prattville, Alabama

klokdok@juno.com

Note concerning questions not related to Allexperts:  Because of my commitment to answering Allexperts questions within a prescribed time limit and the large backlog of clock work at my shop, I regret that I cannot answer personal email questions on a timely basis, other than Allexperts follow up questions.  I will try to answer these emails as soon as I can. Thank you for your patience.  

Clocks, Watches

John Newman