Clocks, Watches/KASSEL 31 day Grandfather clock

Question
QUESTION: I am needing to adjust this clock to be faster by about two minutes. I really need an instruction/maintenance manua.Please help me find one. I have searched the web to no avail. Thank you

ANSWER: Hi Kenneth,
I'm not sure if I can find an owners manual. To make a clock run faster you need to adjust the screw at the bottom of the pendulum bob. With your thumb facing you turn the screw to the right. Try one complete turn for each minute within a 24 hour period. In other words if the clock is running 2 minutes slow a day turn the screw 2 complete turns. See what happens. Then adjust accordingly.

Clocks should be cleaned and oiled every 4-5 years. If the clock is over 18 years old you may just want to oil it.

Hope this helps,
Marilyn
The Clocklady
www.theclockladyli.com

QUESTION: Great! Thank you for your quick response. Is oiling it a fairly straight forward thing? I haven't the slightest idea, thought I am very mechanically inclined. A manual or instructions specific to this clock is really what I'm after. Why is it so difficult to locate one? If I cant find one I will have to go inside and apply a clock oil(?).
Thanks again,
Kenneth Moore

Answer
Hi Kenneth,

There are many Youtube videos on how to oil a clock. Many times watching a video is more rewarding and understandable than anything I can write.

Synthetic motor oil is a fine oil to use for this purpose. Fully synthetic is what you want. Apply with a thin wire.

Marilyn
The Clocklady
www.theclockladyli.com  

Clocks, Watches

Marilyn Bellotti