Clocks, Watches/Lava Korea 31 day wall clock

Question
Good evening Mr Newman
I also have a Lava clock like the photo on the site.
It works great however the hammer is not touching the gong. Not sure if the gong is broken because I see the spring but not rod" for the hammer to strike.
Where can I purchase a new gong rod?
Thank you

Answer
Martha, I do not know of "the photo on the site".  Can you enlighten me?  Or is it possible for you to send me a clear photo of your clock in the gong area (with the door open)?  My clockshop email address is below.  For the correct terminology, the gong is the spiral coil of wire that is attached to the base by a straight portion of the wire.  The hammer is the part that is attached to the rod or wire coming out of the bottom of the clock movement behind the dial.

John Newman
THE VILLAGE CLOCKSMITH
Located in Old Prattvillage
Prattville, Alabama

klokdok@juno.com

Note:  Due to my commitment to answering Allexperts questions in a timely manner, and the workload at my shop, I cannot always answer personal emails (other than Allexpers followups)immediately.  I regret any delays.  

Clocks, Watches

John Newman