Clocks, Watches/Emperor Model 120, 100M Movement

Question
I have a Emperor Model 120 series with a Model 100 M Movement Jauch 77.  My question, during our many moves the clock was not set up properly and as a result the movement ate one of the chains.  I am trying to locate a chain.  After pulling the movement I also need the tension spring and the taper pin.  I went to the Emperor web site and they only list the tension spring.  Any idea where I can get the chain and taper pin?  Thanks!

Don

Answer
Don, sorry about loosing the chain.  When you say the movement ate one of the chains, what actually happened?  Was the chain damaged or lost?  As the Jauch 77 movement is not made any more, some of the parts are not available through normal suppliers. In answering Allexperts questions, I try to reference clock suppliers for parts.  However, if I cannot find any sources for parts such as we are discussing, I do offer them.  I do have a supply of parts for the older Emperor clocks, including the parts you need.  Some of them are used but I clean, inspect and guarantee them.  If you will reply to my clockshop email address below I can give you the details and instruct you on installing the chain, plus some other information on your clock and the 100M (Jauch 77) movement.

John Newman
THE VILLAGE CLOCKSMITH
Located in Old Prattvillage
Prattville, Alabama

klokdok@juno.com

Due to the number of Allexperts questions and
the workload I have at my clock shop, I regret
that I cannot answer personal email questions
on a timely basis other than Allexperts follow
up questions.

Clocks, Watches

John Newman