Clocks, Watches/Sligh grandfather clock

Question
My clock has gotten out of synch - i.e., the clock chimes 4 hours later than what the hands indicate (e.g., it's 9:00 am and the clock chimes 5 times).  How do I get the clock workings synchronized to the hands?  Hope this isn't too garbled -

Answer
Mike, it could be that the hour hand was slipped when setting the time or something similar.  Gently turn the minute hand through the quarters and let them complete their chime until you reach the hour.  When the hour strikes, count the number of strikes.  Then turn the hour hand to the hour that just struck.  The hour hand becomes tighter as you push it on.  Make sure it is tight but not too much pressure.  Check to see that the hour hand does not hit the dial or the minute hand as they pass.  That should do it.  If you have any more questions, get back with me.

John Newman
THE VILLAGE CLOCKSMITH
Old Prattvillage
Prattville, Alabama  

Clocks, Watches

John Newman