Clocks, Watches/Verichron Quartz Model DS4637

Question
The clock functions but I cannot get the Westminster Chimes to function and I don't know if it is an hourly, half hourly or quarterly hour chimer.  The clock is operated with a single "C" battery.

I did not get any instructions with it.

Answer
Leonard, In cannot specifically identify the movement as there is very little archived information on the types of movements used in these clocks.  If there is no switch on the movement such as a silent/chime switch, or a volume control,the unit is probably defective. These movements are basically throw away modules.  There are no diagnostics or parts available.  Any attempt to service them in a shop would probably require a charge that would exceed the cost of a replacement movement.  If you will send a clear photo of the back of the movement to my shop email address below, I would be glad to see if I can suggest a source for a replacement.

John Newman
THE VILLAGE CLOCKSMITH
Located in Old Prattvillage
Prattville, Alabama

klokdok@juno.com

Due to the number of Allexperts questions and
the workload I have at my clock shop, I regret
that I cannot answer personal email questions
on a timely basis other than Allexperts follow
up questions.  

Clocks, Watches

John Newman