Clocks, Watches/fhs 130-070

foto 1
foto 1  

good morning
I have this clock (photo attached) that has been going on for 5 hours and maybe even more per day please show me how to do the recording, and then I see in the description of two bells, but only has one bell and two hammers that hit twice every hour, example if there are three hours sounds six times with three one and three with the other.
Please give me explanations and instructions for the adjustments.
Thank you.
best regards.

Milanesi Luigi, I apologize for not getting back to you sooner.  I am having problems with my computer server and some of my emails have not gone out.

I will have to ask you to explain a couple of things as I'm not sure I understand:  

What do you mean by, "been going on for 5 hours and maybe more per day"?  Do you mean that it is stopping after this amount of time?  It could be that the clock needs servicing, which includes, cleaning, inspecting, repairing or replacing worn or broken parts, oiling and adjusting.

Would you explain "how to do the recording"?   

From the models of the 130-070, I have always seen two bells.  It looks like the movement is missing one bell.  If you can give me the diameter of the existing bell, I can tell you the diameter of the missing bell and try to help you obtain one.  Then you can enjoy your clock.  Your movement is called a bim-bam or ting-tang strike.  For example, for every hour it would strike two bells for every hour, one before the other.  At two o'clock it would strike, bim-bam, bim-bam .  At the half hour (and for every  half-hour) it would strike the two bells one time, bim-bam.  At three o'clock it would strike, bim-bam, bim-bam, bim-bam, and follow this pattern for every hour for every hour.

Again I am sorry I did not get your answer out until now.  Thank you for writing me.

John Newman
Old Prattvillage
Prattville, Alabama  

Clocks, Watches

John Newman

As much as I would like to offer values of clocks, I am not a certified appraiser and will not venture into giving an unresearched guess. There is very little published information on what I consider to be the value of "modern production clocks". Considerations are what the clock originally sold for, the condition of the case and movement, and particularly the area in which you live, the demand and the economy. ALSO, WATCHES ARE NOT MY FIELD. However, I can advise the clock owner on proper maintenance of a clock to keep it running, small corrections and adjustments and how to move a clock without damaging it. I can also advise on obtaining parts for clocks. It helps if you can send any information on the clock movement which is usually found on the back plate of the movement. I have been a clockmaker for about 35 years and was plant engineer in the mid 90's and later operations and engineering consultant at Emperor Clock Company in Fairhope, Alabama. I now have my own clock shop.

One of my greatest accomplishments was traveling to China to assist a clock factory in building clocks to the standards which we required. With the proper specifications and quality control, some beautiful clock cases were built. The factory people from the wood carvers to the plant manager were very congenial, friendly and I left a lot of wonderful friends when I returned from my trips.

NAWCC (National Association of Watch and Clock Collectors) 30 years Prattville, Alabama Chamber of Commerce

Horological Times, a publication of the American Watch and Clockmakers Instute. Collaberated column author, with Photos and ideas for clock movement conversion article.

Associate of Science Mechanical Engineering Technology Emperor Introductory Clock Repair (Eventually taught a portion of the class after becoming employee)

Small Business of the Quarter (Prattville, Alabama) Leadership Class of 2009 (Autauga County, Alabama)