Clocks, Watches/circa 1920's Colonial Manufac Co. grandfather clock

Question
clock 1
clock 1  

front of movement
front of movement  
Hello John; purchased at auction this Colonial clock. Second, minute and hour run fine. Doesn't chime or
Strike. Have read your comments for days (really) and they were great help in identifying the problem.
The combo star gear and regular gear behind it has 4 pins to trip the chimes. Two are bent flat and two are broken off (from me trying to straighten them out). Do you know where I can get another similar gear or get this one repaired?  The clock has the model # on the back of the mahogany case 1218.  The back of the movement says" Colonial Manufacturing Company 16139 ".
Pictures available
64 and still learning
Best Regards,
Frank Burggraf
Johnstown, PA

Answer
Mr. Burggraf, thanks for sending the good photos of the clock.  The numbers on the back of the movement are important but the photos help a lot.  Numbers on out of production clock cases are usually not available for crossreferencing.  The fact that there is damage to the chime drum and gear could indicate further damage to the chime and strike functions.  An experienced clockmaker would have to actually look at it to evaluate whether the parts could be restored within an acceptable range, or good used parts could be found.  If there is a clockmaker in your area, it would be best to have it looked at.  I have send out an inquiry to my Internet Clocksmiths Group to see if there might be any members near your.  I will let you know.

John Newman
THE VILLAGE CLOCKSMITH
Old Prattvillage
Prattville, Alabama  

Clocks, Watches

John Newman