Clocks, Watches/How old is my frank hermale mantel clock?

Question
Front
Front  

Movement
Movement  
I don't see any date codes on the movement, and it just seems very old like 1925 or so... Has Westminster chime.. 3- key holes.. Works well.

Answer
Matthew, I have never seen a Hermle movement with a regulator configuration such as yours!  The balance wheels on the later models have the escape wheel on the inside of the movement between the plates.  On yours the escape wheel is on the outside with and additional plate.  There are no markings on the movement as far as model and date in the area of the FHS (Franz Hermle and Sohns) logo.  The later models have that additional information.  I have seen the same logo on movements with an accompanying date as late as 1980.  It is a modern production movement, meaning it was manufactured since WWII.  I will say that the older movement probably would not be considered rare and would not add any value to your very nice looking clock.  I will send out an inquiry with your photos to my Internet Clocksmiths Group and see if anyone can furnish some dates and information.  

John Newman
The Village Clocksmith
Old Prattvillage
Prattville, Alabama  

Clocks, Watches

John Newman