Found this clock recently.  Three winding holes, no directional arrows for wind. Worked until I set the hands by advancing past 12:00.  Chimes stopped and chime gears seem frozen.  Tried to work the chime suppressor and also back winding the minute/hour hand past 12:00.  No luck nothing seems to work yet.  I do not want to make it worse but would like to fix it if possible... cheers.

Hi Max,

Clocks only wind one way. If it's fully wound it will not wind anymore.

I'm not sure how old the clock is but clocks wear out.
Also old oil and grease can stop a clock.

Without seeing the clock I'm not sure why it's not going.
You may need to find a repair shop that may be able to get the clock going for a small fee.

Hope this helps,
The Clocklady

Clocks, Watches

Marilyn Bellotti

This is for advice only. ~Most~ repairs need a professional. If I can help you with an adjustment that can set your clock back in order I will try. I can not write a chapter on clock repair. I will point you in the right direction and you will have to do your own research on how clocks work for more intense repairs. -No Watches -No Appraisals. Search ebay for past sales for that information.

29 years repair experience

Certified Horologist