Clocks, Watches/moon dial gear

Question
John, In 1988 I gave my wife a Howard Miller Grandfather. After 20 years I replaced the movement (urgo-uw6604)triple chime. I did not realize at the time that I failed to remove and reinstall the moon dial gear. I have not been able to locate the old movement to retrieve the gear, and have had no luck in my year old search to locate a replacement. I found that even if I were to purchase a new movement it would not include the gear. Your help would be greatly appreciated. Steve

Answer
Steve, I did not find any of these gears in my normal sources.  I will send out an inquiry to my Internet Clocksmiths Group and see if anyone has a source.  As some dials have different configurations, I will check to see of we need any additional information identifying the gear.  I will get back to you within a couple of days and let you know what I find.

John Newman
THE VILLAGE CLOCKSMITH
Located in Old Prattvillage
Prattville, Alabama

Clocks, Watches

John Newman