Clocks, Watches/

Hi Kenneth,

I have a Kuempel Grandfather clock circa 1955. Is the knob that adjusts the height of the pendulum, and thus the speed that it swings, located on the bottom of the pendulum? There is a knob located on the bottom of the pendulum, but it is quite tight and doesn't "click" the way that a knob on most Grandfather clocks are described. I have tried turning it to the right but it has not yet affected the speed of the swing, as the clock still falls behind at a rate of about a minute a day.

Steve Lasmade

adjusting nut is below the pendulum round disk on a visibly threaded rod- may need a little oil
I would un-hook from just below the mechanism and lay it on a table and mark the current position and oil to free up the nut? tightening the nut to raise the disk up the long pendulum rod, speeds the clock up.

I have never had such a adjusting knob "click" in 46 years--don't know where you got that from?

Clocks, Watches

Kenneth Saunders

any mechanical clock question -no watches- no battery clock questions and no appraisals-ie: "how much is my clock worth?" type questions please! Attach a photo if possible and note all markings on the rear of the mechanism- thanks 40 years as a professional clock repair person- still a full time clock repair service owner

43+ years as a professional clock repair person- still a full time clock repair service owner.

Comment - On a scale of 1-10, I would give Mr. Saunders a 15 on each category. His responses were clear, addressed my questions and concerns in a way that even I could understand, and even sent a picture. He explained what I had and how to resolve the issue. I was amazed at how quickly he replied to each on my e mails. He shouldn't get a gold star, he should get a whole box of them!!! Thank you Mr. Saunders, I will keep you on my e-mail "speed dial". Comment - Ken answered my question regarding how to adjust the proper striking of the hammers on my Grandfather clock within a few minutes of my sending the question to him. He answered my follow-up question the next morning. I would rate him higher if there was a number larger than ten in the selection box. Thanks again Ken Comment - I RECEIVED AN ANSWER WITHIN AN HOUR.OUTSTANDING SERVICE.YOUR RATING SHOULD BE HIGHER THAN 10. Comment - This Man is Fantastic...there is no Scale for a him...if there was...He'd beat the top of Smile....I could never ask for more ....this Man is his Score....