Clocks, Watches/stephen.lamade@gmail.com

Question
Hi Kenneth,

I have a Kuempel Grandfather clock circa 1955. Is the knob that adjusts the height of the pendulum, and thus the speed that it swings, located on the bottom of the pendulum? There is a knob located on the bottom of the pendulum, but it is quite tight and doesn't "click" the way that a knob on most Grandfather clocks are described. I have tried turning it to the right but it has not yet affected the speed of the swing, as the clock still falls behind at a rate of about a minute a day.

Sincerely,

Steve Lasmade

Answer
adjusting nut is below the pendulum round disk on a visibly threaded rod- may need a little oil
I would un-hook from just below the mechanism and lay it on a table and mark the current position and oil to free up the nut? tightening the nut to raise the disk up the long pendulum rod, speeds the clock up.

I have never had such a adjusting knob "click" in 46 years--don't know where you got that from?

Clocks, Watches

Kenneth Saunders