Clocks, Watches/Weights do not move and clock does not chime

Question
QUESTION: Good morning , I recently moved from the east coast to the Navajo Nation in Arizona. The clock worked perfectly at home in Delaware . When I unwrapped the clock from the movers, two changes were taken off . The chain to the right, and the change to the left . I tried to reattach the chains . I can move the chains to wind the clock however, the only chain that moves is the one in the center . The clock does not chime at all . This clock was purchased in the 80's I believe, 501 Hamiltion clock ,Fairhope Alabama .. It was given to me when my parents passed away so it means a great deal to me . I made sure that it was level etc . Since I live so far from anything , it would be extremely difficult for a master clock maker to visit. I hope that you can help . Thank you for your time and consideration ,
Elaine

ANSWER: Elaine, if the clock is relatively level and running, it would not have anything to do with the chime not functioning.  There was no "Hamilton" clock company in Fairhope.  It might have been Emperor, King Arthur, Viking, Crown or Diplomat.  If you can give all me the information found on the back plate of the movement, that might help in identifying it.  Make sure the heaviest weight is on the right side (as you face the clock).  The chime hammers might be jammed.  Look to see if the chime hammers are aligned at rest.  If not run the minute hand up to the 12 and carefully pull the chime hammers back about 1 inch.  If it still won't start chiming, get back with me.

John Newman
THE VILLAGE CLOCKSMITH
Old Prattvillage
Prattville, Alabama

QUESTION: Hi Mr. Newman ,
The clock was purchased 11/06/1987 . You were correct , The company was Viking Clock company , PO BOX 1139 , Fairhope , Alabama . The listing on the warranty paper was FIN 501 Hampton Clock series III .  Delivered to Wilmington , Delaware 19809. I will attempt to get someone to assist me to read the plate in the back of the clock .Tomorrow I will try and take  a picture of it . I did check to make sure that the heavy weight was on the right and then moved the minute hand to the 12 . It sounded like the movement change , however the right chain and the left chain as you face the clock , still do not move . I tried moving the lever inside that silences the clock at night to see if that would make a difference, but it did not . I appreciate all of the guidance that you are giving me,
With much appreciation ,
Elaine

Answer
Elaine, while waiting for your photo, I will attach a list I have written of clock problems.  Please send the photo to my email address below, which it helps me see the photo better.  It also helps free up the Allexperts question queue, as I  have a limited number of questions allowed per day.

John Newman
THE VILLAGE CLOCKSMITH
Located in Old Prattvillage
Prattville, Alabama

klokdok@juno.com

Due to the number of Allexperts questions and
the workload I have at my clock shop, I regret
that I cannot answer personal email questions
on a timely basis other than Allexperts follow
up questions.

Clocks, Watches

John Newman