Clocks, Watches/Wuersch Movement

Question
Back
Back  

Markings
Markings  
I have a Wuersch Movement that I am looking into possibly using for a project or just giving up on it.

I have a couple of questions.

Does the movement need a pendulum attached?

What size key would it take?

How do I wind it? There are three key holes it looks like. How would I be able to see if it is working or not?

I have attached two images.

Thanks

Answer
this is a Hermle 341-020 westminster chime movement made in 1983

the suspension spring needs replacing
the pendulum leader is missing
it is missing the pendulum--total length hanging from the back top round post = about 14"long
it is missing the tie strip to connect the strike arm with the 3 strike hammers

to test you would need to wind it with a key supply the missing parts and test run it

takes a standard 4mm #8 key that all modern German movement use.

typically a 31 year old mechanism is 5 years past it's life span without rebuilding having been done( but then it might have just been sitting around)  

Clocks, Watches

Kenneth Saunders