Clocks, Watches/Chime block

Question
QUESTION: I have a grandmother clock by Colonial Mfg model 1688.
I know they are no longer in business.
One of the chime rods broke. It appears I need to buy a block vs individual rod.
I need an 8 chime side hitting block, problem is I can't  locate a rod that is 17 in long. Does this type of block exist ? If not can I replace with 14 in chime block ?

ANSWER: a Westminster movement has 8 chime rods - 4 and 4 on each side

here are the rods ( one thicker in dia. than the other)

http://timesavers.com/i-8947104-17-steel-chime-rod-x-3-30mm-diameter.html

http://timesavers.com/i-8947094-17-steel-chime-rod-x-3-60mm-diameter.html

QUESTION: I forgot to ask, I want to silence the chimes at night so my dogs don't drive me crazy barking ! What's the best way to silence the chimes as I don't really want to stop the clock every night.
It has 3 areas to wind,

Answer
1) they should get over it

2) often there is a chime -silent lever often in the dial beside the number 3)
3) not knowing what mechanism is in the case, hard to say what system miay be available to shut the chimes off easily

4) the dogs bark at it during the day too? seems they will give up barking fairly quickly if exposed to it 24 hours.............

Clocks, Watches

Kenneth Saunders