Clocks, Watches/Unopened box found in attic

Question
We found an unopened box with a Emperor clock pieces inside.  1975 is the date of it. It is a model M50 . Tempus Fugues face.  Walnut wood.  I am not a clock collector.  Beautiful craftsmanship It says made in Germany.  Erhard something cant read it its too small the I am going to sell this.  I talked to the owner of the company and sent pictures haven't heard back.  It came with allot of paper work and a letter from the manager at that time.  I can send pictures if that would be easier.   Thank you Terra

Answer
Hi, Terra.  The clock movement you have was made by the Jauch company.  At that time, it was Erhard Jauch and then later taken over by his nephew, Heinz Jauch.  The model M50 is the designation Emperor gave the movement, which is an 8-day spring driven Westminster unit.  One of the cases it would have been used in was a bracket clock that Emperor called the Mantel Clock.  

When you say you talked to the owner of the company, I am wondering exactly who it was that you talked to, or who the manager was, as Emperor was bought out by Hermle in 2005.  Hermle North America now is the parent company of Emperor and they basically have a new line of clocks.  I did not understand what your question is, but I would be glad to answer any questions you have about the clock and you can reply to my shop email address below to send the photos.  As I am about the only person still in the clock business that worked for the original Emperor Clock Company, they forward questions regarding the original clocks to me.  I look forward to hearing from you.

John Newman
Vintage Emperor Clock Consultant
THE VILLAGE CLOCKSMITH
Old Prattvillage
Prattville, Alabama

klokdok@juno.com

Note concerning questions not related to Allexperts:  Because of my commitment to answering Allexperts questions within a prescribed time limit and the large backlog of clock work at my shop, I regret that I cannot answer personal email questions on a timely basis, other than Allexperts follow up questions.  I will try to answer these emails as soon as I can. Thank you for your patience.  

Clocks, Watches

John Newman