Clocks, Watches/Centurion Wall Clock Pendulum

Question
Hello,

I have a Centurion wall clock from the 60's or 70's that is missing just the pendulum and hook, the suspension is still there. I was wondering if all the Centurion wall clocks used the same movement and if they had the same length pendulum. I do not have any info on the movement other than made in Korea. I would rather not have to take the clock apart to get the number on the back but, if that is required I could do it.

Thank You.

Answer
Brian, I believe that all of the Centurions did have the same pendulum length, but there models did vary some times.  The pendulum components consists of a suspension rod (with either a hook of horizontal bar at the bottom), a pendulum stick with a hook on top and the bob on the bottom.  Very few parts are available from suppliers of these Asian clocks.  However I will see what I can do to find you one.  I will need to know whether the suspension rod has the hook or bar on the end, and the measurement from the hook or bar down to the inside bottom of the case.  I might have a Centurion in the back of my shop and can possibly confirm the information you give me. If you will, send the information to my shop email address and I'll see what I can do.  One further note and that is that you did not tell me if you just acquired the clock.  If you don't know the history of it running or not, it could be that it might need some additional attention to get it running.

John Newman
THE VILLAGE CLOCKSMITH
Vintage Emperor Clock Consultant
Located in Old Prattvillage
Prattville, Alabama

(not a mailing address)

klokdok@juno.com

Due to the number of Allexperts questions and
the workload I have at my clock shop, I regret
that I cannot answer personal email questions
on a timely basis other than Allexperts follow
up questions.

Clocks, Watches

John Newman