Clocks, Watches/Emperor Grandfather clock

Question
Hi John,
I find it so interesting that you worked as an engineer for Emperor in Farihope as that is exactly the brand clock I have.  I inherited the clock from my father and am now moving myself and have no place for it.  As much as I hate to leave it behind I have no choice.  I live in a small town in North Carolina where no one has any knowledge of items such as these.  It is in excellent shape and works great with no marks or scratches on it.  The plate inside says this:
82
Made for Emperor clock co by Hermle Black Forest Clocks
461-050R
94cm/66
Can you tell me anything about this clock?  is one of these numbers a model number or serial number?  any recommendations as to what would be a good way for me to find a buyer and what would be a reasonable price?  I have no idea what the original price paid for is or what year it is from, so anything you can tell me would be great.  Thanks for your time.

Answer
Kathy, to identify your clock, I would need the model number of the clock (which Emperor did not put on their clocks).  But if you can send a photo of the clock to my shop email address (below), I can tell you the model number and some additional information.  The "82" on the first line indicates the movement was manufactured in 1982.  However, I am not sure of the model number you gave me of the movement.  The Hermle "grandmother" movement is approximately 6X6 inches and the numbers 451 would be one of these.  A "grandfather" movement is approximately 6X9 inches and the 461 would be one of these.  The 451 would have a suffix of 050 or 050H.  I don't believe the 461 would have that suffix you gave me, but I could be wrong. There are some additional option numbers, but they are rather rare.  All this off the top of my head, and I will let you know of any error in my information when I get to my shop in the morning.  At this point let's try to determine the model of the clock.  

Just for the information now, to find a buyer you can advertise in a local bulletin board publication or an On-line service such as Craigs List.  You could list it on eBay for local pick-up.  One way of finding a price is to check eBay for the model of clock you have.  Be sure to look at the "Completed Listings", as the sold clocks will give you an idea of what they are going for.  As I tell people, the selling value of a clock will depend on the original selling price, the age, the condition of the case and movement, and most importantly, the demand and economy in the area in which you are selling the clock. If you can't send a photo, give me a description of the clock (I can help you) and I can send a photo for you to compare.

John Newman
THE VILLAGE CLOCKSMITH
Vintage Emperor Clock Consultant
Located in Old Prattvillage
Prattville, Alabama

(not a mailing address)

klokdok@juno.com

Due to the number of Allexperts questions and
the workload I have at my clock shop, I regret
that I cannot answer personal email questions
on a timely basis other than Allexperts follow
up questions.  

Clocks, Watches

John Newman