Clocks, Watches/seth thomas grandfather clock

Question
My clock keeps time but the chimes and the hour strike does not work. My right weight seems to be hung up will not work. It is a 3 weight.Have tried to move the selector of different chimes on the right of the face of clock to try to fry any hangup. Nothing happens. Please try to help me.

Answer
Hi Helen,

Seth Thomas gf clock tells me this clock is probably over 25 years old.

Clocks wear out with use. I can only suggest that you oil the clock (see videos on youtube)
to get a few more years out of the clock. Eventually you will need an overhaul or a new mechanism.

If the bonnet pulls off it is easier to oil than if you have to go through the side panels.

Hope this helps,
Marilyn
The Clocklady.  

Clocks, Watches

Marilyn Bellotti