Clocks, Watches/Wall clock with numbers in Words.

Dear John

Are there Wall Clocks which display numbers as Words instead of numbers.
The numbers in Words will have a nice font display.

I. E One, Two, Three, Four etc

Prashant, there are wall clocks that have words rather than numerals.  You can do an Internet search and find some of these.  

As much as I do enjoy answering Allexperts questions, I have indicated that I usually stay in the area of diagnostics, adjustments, repair and identification.  If you have an idea for a clock, could I ask that you first check the Internet first to see if there are any for these ideas you have.  As I am not that familiar with these unusual clocks, that is what I have to do, so I am just passing along information that is available elsewhere.  Also as I have a limit to the number of Allexperts questions per day, this would help reduce the question queue.  

Thank you for your understanding.

John Newman
The Village Clocksmith
Vintage Emperor Clock Consultant
Located in Old Prattvillage
Prattville, Alabama  

Clocks, Watches

John Newman

As much as I would like to offer values of clocks, I am not a certified appraiser and will not venture into giving an unresearched guess. There is very little published information on what I consider to be the value of "modern production clocks". Considerations are what the clock originally sold for, the condition of the case and movement, and particularly the area in which you live, the demand and the economy. ALSO, WATCHES ARE NOT MY FIELD. However, I can advise the clock owner on proper maintenance of a clock to keep it running, small corrections and adjustments and how to move a clock without damaging it. I can also advise on obtaining parts for clocks. It helps if you can send any information on the clock movement which is usually found on the back plate of the movement. I have been a clockmaker for about 35 years and was plant engineer in the mid 90's and later operations and engineering consultant at Emperor Clock Company in Fairhope, Alabama. I now have my own clock shop.

One of my greatest accomplishments was traveling to China to assist a clock factory in building clocks to the standards which we required. With the proper specifications and quality control, some beautiful clock cases were built. The factory people from the wood carvers to the plant manager were very congenial, friendly and I left a lot of wonderful friends when I returned from my trips.

NAWCC (National Association of Watch and Clock Collectors) 30 years Prattville, Alabama Chamber of Commerce

Horological Times, a publication of the American Watch and Clockmakers Instute. Collaberated column author, with Photos and ideas for clock movement conversion article.

Associate of Science Mechanical Engineering Technology Emperor Introductory Clock Repair (Eventually taught a portion of the class after becoming employee)

Small Business of the Quarter (Prattville, Alabama) Leadership Class of 2009 (Autauga County, Alabama)