Clocks, Watches/Elgin anniversary clock

Question
My clock is 31 yrs old and is one losing time (approx 90 min daily). Fresh battery installed but not doing the trick. It's not an expensive piece but has sentimental worth. There are no visible adjustment markings found. Any thoughts? Thanks for your time!

Answer
Paul, in today's economy, many of the battery powered quartz clocks are considered throw away products. The labor costs to repair them usually costs more than the clocks are worth.  The suppliers offer no diagnostics or parts. Occasionally some can be repaired.  Yours is a toss up as to whether it would be a type in which the movement can be repaired or replaced.  It is either one with a complete assembly including the movement and pendulum, or two separate units, a time only module and a pendulum module which is in the bottom.  If you can send me a photo of the front of the clock and one of the back, and if it does have a lower unit (under the base) one photo of that, I will see if I can find replacements for it.  My clock shop email address is below.  As far as you or a repair service doing the work, let's wait until we see if we can obtain parts and then we'll make some decisions about that.

John Newman
The Village Clocksmith
Vintage Emperor Clock Consultant
Located in Old Prattvillage
Prattville, Alabama

klokdok@juno.com

Note concerning questions not related to Allexperts:  Because of my commitment to answering Allexperts questions within a prescribed time limit and the large backlog of clock work at my shop, I regret that I cannot answer personal email questions on a timely basis, other than Allexperts follow up questions.  I will try to answer these emails as soon as I can. Thank you for your patience.  

Clocks, Watches

John Newman