Clocks, Watches/time adjustment on pendulum clock

been many searches on this and so far no answer.  have an old sterling & noble pendulum wall clock with chimes and strike from a relative.  can find no way to adjust hands for correct time. this is an electronic movement.  generally a small button on movement to adust hands but not here.  tried removing the face cover but appears non removable, gotta be a way but mystery here. any help greatly apprediated.

ANSWER: Joe, Sterling and Noble made different type clocks and I would not know much with just the name of the maker.  Also model number cross references are not made readily available.  So if you can send me a photo of the front of the clock and one of the back of the movement, I might be able to help.  My shop email address is below.

John Newman
The Village Clocksmith
Vintage Emperor Clock Consultant
Located in Old Prattvillage
Prattville, Alabama

clock front
clock front  

clock works
clock works  
QUESTION: ok john  may thanks for prompt reply on this problem.  tried to reply to your email but noticed it had a do not reply to this email on it.  did it come thru to you?

Joe, I did get the photos okay on the Allexperts.  I would think there would be a small time setting knob, maybe under the pendulum arm of the time unit.  I have never seen a quartz movement without this knob on the back.  Could it be missing? You could purchase a replacement and I will be glad to provide you with some suppliers and a range of models you could use, but you will have to determine how to get to the hands. And we would need to know if the hands will fit on the new movement and the thickness of the dial for mounting purposes.

Check the email address you used.  It is possible that you put a "c" in the klokdok part.  It happens occasionally.

John Newman.

Clocks, Watches

John Newman

As much as I would like to offer values of clocks, I am not a certified appraiser and will not venture into giving an unresearched guess. There is very little published information on what I consider to be the value of "modern production clocks". Considerations are what the clock originally sold for, the condition of the case and movement, and particularly the area in which you live, the demand and the economy. ALSO, WATCHES ARE NOT MY FIELD. However, I can advise the clock owner on proper maintenance of a clock to keep it running, small corrections and adjustments and how to move a clock without damaging it. I can also advise on obtaining parts for clocks. It helps if you can send any information on the clock movement which is usually found on the back plate of the movement. I have been a clockmaker for about 35 years and was plant engineer in the mid 90's and later operations and engineering consultant at Emperor Clock Company in Fairhope, Alabama. I now have my own clock shop.

One of my greatest accomplishments was traveling to China to assist a clock factory in building clocks to the standards which we required. With the proper specifications and quality control, some beautiful clock cases were built. The factory people from the wood carvers to the plant manager were very congenial, friendly and I left a lot of wonderful friends when I returned from my trips.

NAWCC (National Association of Watch and Clock Collectors) 30 years Prattville, Alabama Chamber of Commerce

Horological Times, a publication of the American Watch and Clockmakers Instute. Collaberated column author, with Photos and ideas for clock movement conversion article.

Associate of Science Mechanical Engineering Technology Emperor Introductory Clock Repair (Eventually taught a portion of the class after becoming employee)

Small Business of the Quarter (Prattville, Alabama) Leadership Class of 2009 (Autauga County, Alabama)