Clocks, Watches/Elgin Anniversary Clock

Question
QUESTION: I accidently broke glass dome to Elgin Anniversary Clock made in Japan in 1980's.  The dome measurements are 6 1/2" diameter by 12" tall. Was a gift from daughter when she was a child and would desperate like to replace. I've been looking off and on for past year and have been unable to obtain.  Do you know if this size dome is still obtainable and if so where and approximately how much would it cost?

ANSWER: Hi Linda, I'll do what I can to help you. Are you sure of the diameter? A typical glass dome size would be 5-1/2" x 12". I'm not saying it's not 6-1/2", I just want to be sure the measurement is correct before proceeding. Thanks, Michael

Elgin 039.jpg
Elgin 039.jpg  

Elgin 052.jpg
Elgin 052.jpg  
QUESTION: Hi Michael.  Yes the dome is 6-1/2" in diameter.  It was one of the larger (maybe largest) anniversary clocks Elgin put out in the early middle 80's.  Most of them had 2 columns this one has 4.  Base of clock is different also.  All that's written on the face of clock is Elgin Magic Eye Made in Japan.  From everything I've been able to find out on my own is it was made by Nisshan Clock  in Tokyo, Japan.  Tried looking business up and hit brick wall. They may not be in business any longer either.  Attached are photos, maybe they will help.

Answer
I checked all of the suppliers of glass domes I can find and nobody has this size. I'm afraid you might have to find a used one or have one hand made. They are extremely expensive to have made but if you are interested you could contact www.glassdomes.com for a quote.  

Clocks, Watches

Michael Radi