You are here:

Clocks, Watches/Lohatz Royal Mariner Ships Clock


During a house remodel I have lost the winding key for the subject clock. Can you advise me where I can get a replacement key?
Most Appreciatively,
Ron Pollard

Hi Ronald,
I'm guessing you mean "Schatz" Royal Mariner. Assuming that is correct; I'm pretty sure most of them use a size 8 key (4.25mm). You could verify that by measuring across the square parts of the winding arbor.  
You can purchase clock keys here:  

Clocks, Watches

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Michael Radi


Clock repair and clock parts questions.


I have been professionally repairing clocks for 17 years. I owned and ran a clock shop for 6 years and I am the owner of the clock parts supply company;

National Association of Watch and Clock Collectors

High school graduate, some college, graduate of Niles Bryant School of Piano Tuning and repair.

Past/Present Clients
I perform about 20 clock repairs per week.

©2017 All rights reserved.