Clocks, Watches/Seth Thomas grandfather clock

I have a Seth Thomas grandfather clock I bought back in 1978. I am wanting to sell it but I don't know the value of it. The only number I can find in the little book at the bottom is E687-201. Can you help me?

Hi Geri,

1978 is pretty old at this point in time. If the clock has been running for most of these years, the chance is that it is worn out. In dollars and cents terms to the person buying the clock that would mean they would have to invest a minimum of $600 into the clock for it to be in excellent working order.

So what can you sell your clock for????  Whatever you are lucky enough to get.
Put it on ebay for the littlest amount of money and hope the bidding goes higher...

I would only give you $25 if the weights and pendulum weren't tarnished.

Good luck with the sale of your clock. Sorry but maybe in another 20 years they may become collectibles.

Hope this helps,

Clocks, Watches

Marilyn Bellotti

This is for advice only. ~Most~ repairs need a professional. If I can help you with an adjustment that can set your clock back in order I will try. I can not write a chapter on clock repair. I will point you in the right direction and you will have to do your own research on how clocks work for more intense repairs. -No Watches -No Appraisals. Search ebay for past sales for that information.

29 years repair experience

Certified Horologist