Clocks, Watches/1983 howard miller grandfather clock

Question
model @610-259  after moving acrossed country  I notice the pulley wires are only hooked on one end and was wondering If I can fix this without a repair person??

Answer
Cable anchor holes
Cable anchor holes  
Bob, it might be possible for you to fix this.  Each cable runs down off a drum in the movement and gos through the pulley.  The end plug on the cable then hooks in an "anchor" hole up under the movement.  It is commonly known as a "key hole".  It can be one of three types.  One is a plate with what we call a keyhole for each cable.  The cable end plug goes into the larger part of the hole and then is moved over the smaller part, which holds it.  The second type has brackets that hang down with the same type of hole.  The third has posts that hang down from a bracket that screws to the board on which the movement sits.  The hole arrangements are a little different on each, but the concept is the same.  I have attached a photo showing all three that I took out of my old stock.  If it is not clear on the Allexperts Website, contact me at my clock shop email address and I will email it to you.  One further note and that is when you hang the weights, make sure the cable end plugs are in the holes correctly, the cables are around the pulleys properly and the cable is wound around the drum in the movement without any loose tangles.  Also, when hanging the weigts, if two are equal in weight and the third is heavier, it hangs on the right (as you face the clock) side.  If two are equal in weight and the third is lighter, it hangs on the left.  If you have any more questions, get back with me.

John Newman
Vintage Emperor Clock Consultant
THE VILLAGE CLOCKSMITH
Old Prattvillage
Prattville, Alabama

klokdok@juno.com

Note concerning questions not related to Allexperts:  Because of my commitment to answering Allexperts questions within a prescribed time limit and the large backlog of clock work at my shop, I regret that I cannot answer personal email questions on a timely basis, other than Allexperts follow up questions.  I will try to answer these emails as soon as I can. Thank you for your patience.  

Clocks, Watches

John Newman