Clocks, Watches/clock time

Question
We have a TOCHIGI TOKEI quartz clock made for Ethan Allen which has lately been running fast.  I have looked at the mechanism and see no obvious settings + or - to make an adjustment. any ideas?  It was given to us by our daughter and we love the clock...it sits on my office desk

David Nelson

Answer
Hi David,
There is not a timekeeping adjustment on quartz movements. They are not considered repairable because the internal parts are not sold separately and it is less expensive to replace the entire movement than it would be to pay someone to repair the defective one.
Here are a few considerations when choosing a replacement:
Does the minute hand press on or is it held on with a small nut?
If there is a threaded portion at the base of the hand shaft; how long is it?
What is the total shaft length?
What type battery does the movement use?
We have a video on the home page of our website explaining how to identify and replace a quartz movement. You can view it here:
www.norkro.com

If you need more help I would like to see photos along with answers to the above questions.
Thank you,
Michael

Clocks, Watches

Michael Radi