You are here:

Clocks, Watches/Elgin balled movement


Michael,  I have an Elgin American quartz clock about 30 years old.  This is a 2 AA battery powered clock that is covered by a cylindrical domed glass.  There is a swiveling plastic piece powered by a 1 AA battery that I want to replace.  This piece is gold colored plastic and has 4 vanes each with a 3/4 inch hollow ball attached.  One of the vanes is broken.  The vanes are attached to a splined shaft that is 2 1/2 tall and sits on a metal pin 1/2 inch tall and approximately 1/16 inch thick.  Can you get me a replacement plastic swiveler?  What cost?

Hi Floyd,
You are looking for the pendulum. I have two different ones. Can you attach a photo of yours?
I'm not at the shop today but will be back tomorrow so I can look at the ones I have to see if we have a match.
One of them can be seen here with the pendulum drive unit:

Clocks, Watches

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Michael Radi


Clock repair and clock parts questions.


I have been professionally repairing clocks for 17 years. I owned and ran a clock shop for 6 years and I am the owner of the clock parts supply company;

National Association of Watch and Clock Collectors

High school graduate, some college, graduate of Niles Bryant School of Piano Tuning and repair.

Past/Present Clients
I perform about 20 clock repairs per week.

©2017 All rights reserved.