Clocks, Watches/Emperor Clock

Question
I have a Grandfather clock I purchased around 1972.  It has stopped running and nothing I do will keep it going.  It has a 100m movement with a 77 stamped on it.  Is there a replacement for this movement and if so do you have one? I originally assembled the clock and still have the instructions.  Would it be practical to send movement to you for repair?

Thanks for your help.

Answer
Phil, as you might have read from some of my answers, the Emperor 100M which we call the Jauch 77 (Manufactured by Jauch of Germany, no longer in business), has had some historical wear problems and the amount of time to restore them for reliable running can be costly.  At Emperor in the mid 1980's we discontinued using the Jauch movements and switched to Hermle.  Some Clockmakers will take the Jauch movements in for restoration, but our shop usually does not.  If you will reply to my clock shop email address below, I will give you some details on the replacement of the Jauch 77.  The Allexperts forum is for advice and not sales.  But I do provide parts, etc., when there are no other sources of parts or procedures available.  I do have the Jauch 77 conversion kits, but I will also give you some other sources and let you decide how to proceed.

John Newman
Vintage Emperor Clock Consultant
THE VILLAGE CLOCKSMITH
Old Prattvillage
Prattville, Alabama

(not a mailing address)

klokdok@juno.com

Due to the number of Allexperts questions and
the workload I have at my clock shop, I regret
that I cannot answer personal email questions
on a timely basis other than Allexperts follow
up questions.

Clocks, Watches

John Newman