Clocks, Watches/How to fit an Urgos Grandmother clock suspension spring

Question
Hi John

I have moved from South Africa to Australia and in the process my clock's suspension spring perished.

I have now received a new one from Timesavers but I cannot figure out how to fit to the clock. i can see how it fits to the leader.

Do you have advice or illustrated guidance how to do this job?

Kind regards

Nic

Answer
Nic, I'll be glad to try to help you.  First, let's make sure the suspension spring is the correct one for the movement.  There are some different types for the Urgos movements, some with metal top and bottom blocks and some with black plastic blocks.  Ahd there are two sizes of the black ones.  Would it be possible for you to send me a clear picture of the back of the movement, showing the suspension post (at the top) and the hanger that attaches to the suspension spring?  My shop email addres is below.  Then let me know the Timesavers part number for the suspension spring you ordered.  If it is the correct one I will instruct you on how to install it.

John Newman
Vintage Emperor Clock Consultant
THE VILLAGE CLOCKSMITH
Old Prattvillage
Prattville, Alabama

klokdok@juno.com

Note concerning questions not related to Allexperts:  Because of my commitment to answering Allexperts questions within a prescribed time limit and the large backlog of clock work at my shop, I regret that I cannot answer personal email questions on a timely basis, other than Allexperts follow up questions.  I will try to answer these emails as soon as I can. Thank you for your patience.  

Clocks, Watches

John Newman