Clocks, Watches/Grandmother Clock

QUESTION: I have a Howard Miller No. 150-h Westminster chime Weight Driven Movement model#610-134.I let it unwind too far? Possible? When I wound it back- up only the clock runs.The chimes on both sides wont move. Is it possible that the chains came off track? What can I do ? TY CW

ANSWER: try pulling down a bit on the right hand weight while moving the minute hand around clockwise

and advise...

QUESTION: I moved the minute hsnd while pulling lightly 2hrs in 15min intervals no response should I keep going?

if you originally pulled the three weights up on the chains, then the chains are not off track.

try the same proceedure with the left weight for a few minute hand turns.  advise

has the clock been sitting with out being wound for a long time?  

Clocks, Watches

Kenneth Saunders

any mechanical clock question -no watches- no battery clock questions and no appraisals-ie: "how much is my clock worth?" type questions please! Attach a photo if possible and note all markings on the rear of the mechanism- thanks 40 years as a professional clock repair person- still a full time clock repair service owner

43+ years as a professional clock repair person- still a full time clock repair service owner.

Comment - On a scale of 1-10, I would give Mr. Saunders a 15 on each category. His responses were clear, addressed my questions and concerns in a way that even I could understand, and even sent a picture. He explained what I had and how to resolve the issue. I was amazed at how quickly he replied to each on my e mails. He shouldn't get a gold star, he should get a whole box of them!!! Thank you Mr. Saunders, I will keep you on my e-mail "speed dial". Comment - Ken answered my question regarding how to adjust the proper striking of the hammers on my Grandfather clock within a few minutes of my sending the question to him. He answered my follow-up question the next morning. I would rate him higher if there was a number larger than ten in the selection box. Thanks again Ken Comment - I RECEIVED AN ANSWER WITHIN AN HOUR.OUTSTANDING SERVICE.YOUR RATING SHOULD BE HIGHER THAN 10. Comment - This Man is Fantastic...there is no Scale for a him...if there was...He'd beat the top of Smile....I could never ask for more ....this Man is his Score....