Clocks, Watches/cannot find time adjusment on clock

Question
front of clock
front of clock  
I have a Forestville mantle clock with two wind up holes; one for time and one for hour and half hour strike.  Recently I oiled the clock (had the proper needle type pen) but mistakenly oiled the gears instead of the holes in the back.  This clock kept perfect time before this but is now running approx. 10 minutes or more too slow.  There is no pendulum to adjust and no F or S or + or - to adjust.  Someone told me there is an adjustment behind the balance wheel but we cannot find. 1 # on the wooden block inside says H72 & a # on the movement says 3 slash 65.  We have no clock service person in the area.  Realize some of the oil is contributing to problem but need to find adjustment. Can you point an arrow in the picture we are attaching please.  Any help would be much appreciated.  Thank you Sandra and Richard

Answer
Sandra, I have worked on Forestville clocks before, but I cannot remember what type of regulator yours has.  I believe the 3/65 would indicate the year in which it was manufactured.  The adjustment would be from the back and I would need to see a photo of the back of the clock with the door open so I can see the movement and the regulator.  And if you can get a little more light on it that would help. It might be a floating balance regulator.  Usually there is a (+) and a (-) on the back plate of the movement next to the regulator but we'll see.  If you can, send the photo to my shop email address below and I can work with it better.  Also it helps free up the Allexperts question queue as I have a limited number of questions allowed per day.  Thanks.

John Newman
THE VILLAGE CLOCKSMITH
Vintage Emperor Clock Consultant
Located in Old Prattvillage
Prattville, Alabama

(not a mailing address)

klokdok@juno.com

Due to the number of Allexperts questions and
the workload I have at my clock shop, I regret
that I cannot answer personal email questions
on a timely basis other than Allexperts follow
up questions.

Clocks, Watches

John Newman