Clocks, Watches/Hermle 2214 chime out of sync

Question
I have a clock with a Hermle 2214 pendulum movement.  I have recently replaced the whole movement.  However, what I have noticed is that the clock plays its hourly chime between the "25 minute to the half past" mark.  eg my clock plays the 12 o'clock chime at around 11h25.
Is there a simple fix to ensure the clock plays the correct chime at the correct hour?

Answer
Alan, let me first say that if you bought the movement new from a supplier, I am reluctant to suggest some types of adjustments, because if something is broken on the movement, the supplier can claim that the advice was wrong and not their fault.  With that being said, this is the way I adjust the minute hand on that Hermle series (this information did come from my supplier.)

When the hand was installed it was 6 hours off (plus the 5 minute error.) Let's say the minute hand is pointing near the half hour.  Remove it and reinstall it pointing to the hour.  Now it will still be 5 minutes off, as you described.  To correct this error, I rotate the minute hand clockwise, and slowly as it approaches the hour until it starts chiming.  On your movement that would be 5 minutes before the hour.  Press down and hold the time setting knob on the back of the clock.  While still pressing the back knob, slip the minute hand to the 12 o'clock position.  Release the back knob and turn the minute hand back to about 10 minutes before the hour, then forward again to the hour until it starts chiming.  It will probably be closer to the hour but possibly not right on.  So repeat this procedure until it starts right on the hour until you get the feel on the adjustment.  If you have gone too far, you can make the adjustment slipping it back a little.  I just did one to make sure I was giving you the correct steps and I had to do it 3 times before it started right on the hour.

When you have it corrected, let it strike and count the number of strikes.  Now slip the hour hand to the hour that it strikes and it will be set.  Just as a point of information, when you manually turn the minute hand, it will chime on the hour only, not on the first, second or third quarter.  I hope this helps and if you have any more questions, get back with me.

John Newman
The Village Clocksmith
Vintage Emperor Clock Consultant
Located in Old Prattvillage
Prattville, Alabama  

Clocks, Watches

John Newman