Clocks, Watches/Lanshire modle sp3 2437201

Question
Where can I find instructions on repair and rewire of lamp or someone to rewire and repair close to Atlanta Georgia.  

Lanshire Self Starting
Modle SP-3
110 volts 60c 2watt
Pat O USA 2437201

Answer
Leslie, first there are clockmakers that will not work on 110VAC (standard house voltage) clocks because of the liability of short circuits causing fires, etc.  I have worked in the electronics industry as a designer in my previous occupation, so I do take some in.  However, because of the above cautions, I cannot give advice to someone or even recommend a shop specifically.  

I would imagine that you are talking about a lamp with a clock in it.  I am looking at one I have in my home right now.  It is a floor lamp and I believe it has a Lanshire clock movement in it just below the lamp area.  I will give you a description of the circuit for you to discuss with someone to explain what you need.  The power cord from the wall plug (has to be polarized for grounding safety) goes up into the area of the clock and has connectors, usually what are called "wire nuts".  From the wire nuts wires go directly to the two clock wires along with wires going to the switch(es) for the lamps.  All of these wires have to be connected with the proper polarity, as I mentioned before for grounding safety.  My lamp  has a main globe lamp and three, three-way lights, so there are two switches.  It is set up this way so the clock always runs when the power cord is plugged in and the lamps can be turned on and off.  Another feature mine has is what is called a night lamp in the base of the lamp.  There is a foot switch on it and you turn it on and off by pressing on it with your foot.

You might find a clockmaker that can check out the clock mechanism and also do the wiring for you.  Or you could take the lamp to a lamp shop and have them do the wiring, and if the clock didn't work, take it to a clock shop if they would just work on the clock.  If you cannot find the proper people to do it, I would consider taking it in after looking at some photos to understand what the job would involve.  Coincidently, a lady from Fayetteville just brought me a clock Friday.  A few years ago I had two customers travel from Atlanta to Prattville a few times bringing clocks in and picking them up on a continuing basis. I would like to see a photo of your clock, and if you can't find anyone to do the job, contact me at my shop email address below and I will get back with you.

John Newman
THE VILLAGE CLOCKSMITH
Vintage Emperor Clock Consultant
Located in Old Prattvillage
Prattville, Alabama

(not a mailing address)

klokdok@juno.com

Due to the number of Allexperts questions and
the workload I have at my clock shop, I regret
that I cannot answer personal email questions
on a timely basis other than Allexperts follow
up questions.

Clocks, Watches

John Newman