Clocks, Watches/Chimes

The chimes will not be continuous will chime for a few months then stop.  What do I need to do to keep the clock chiming?

Hi Lee,

You haven't given me enough information to give you the correct advise. I'm going on the assumption that this is a mechanical clock.
All mechanical clocks need maintenance. Cleaning and oiling every 5 years or so.
If you clock has never been serviced then the clock needs an oiling at the very least.
You can look up "how to oil a clock" on youtube and that may guide you for a do it yourself fix.

If the clock is over 15 years old it may need a complete restoration and rebuilding of the movement.
A clock professional is the best course of action. They can take care of all needs of the clock.

I'm sorry, without more information I can't help you any further.

The Clocklady.  

Clocks, Watches

Marilyn Bellotti

This is for advice only. ~Most~ repairs need a professional. If I can help you with an adjustment that can set your clock back in order I will try. I can not write a chapter on clock repair. I will point you in the right direction and you will have to do your own research on how clocks work for more intense repairs. -No Watches -No Appraisals. Search ebay for past sales for that information.

29 years repair experience

Certified Horologist