Clocks, Watches/Chimes

Question
The chimes will not be continuous will chime for a few months then stop.  What do I need to do to keep the clock chiming?

Answer
Hi Lee,

You haven't given me enough information to give you the correct advise. I'm going on the assumption that this is a mechanical clock.
All mechanical clocks need maintenance. Cleaning and oiling every 5 years or so.
If you clock has never been serviced then the clock needs an oiling at the very least.
You can look up "how to oil a clock" on youtube and that may guide you for a do it yourself fix.

If the clock is over 15 years old it may need a complete restoration and rebuilding of the movement.
A clock professional is the best course of action. They can take care of all needs of the clock.

I'm sorry, without more information I can't help you any further.

Marilyn
The Clocklady.  

Clocks, Watches

Marilyn Bellotti