Clocks, Watches/Chime Not In Sync

Question
My wife and I have recently inherited a Seth Thomas Model E658 or E659.  The only information we have on this clock are the directions.  I have not been able to find any pictures of these two models and the directions do not specify the name of the model - just the model numbers.  My problem is:  I followed the instructions on how to set the time (move minute hand counter clockwise only.  Do not wait for the clock to strike since a self-correcting device automatically coordinates the striking mechanism with the time within one hour).  However, the number of chimes is not matching up with the actual hour.  how do i tweak the "self-correcting device" to get the chimes to match the actual hour?  Thank you in advance.

Answer
Scott, I believe you are referring to the strike. If the strike count is off consistently, like two hours off each hour, turn the minute hand to the hour and count the number of strikes. Carefully slip the hour hand to that hour. That should do it. If this doesn't work, let me know. I am on my phone and not my computer. I will give you some more info later from my computer. John Newman  

Clocks, Watches

John Newman