Clocks, Watches/Removing a clock from surround to change the battery

Question
How do I remove the clock to change the battery in a concept clock, which is mounted in a crystal block like this one?:http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Concept-small-glass-chrystal-clock-TR-/201372912082?pt

Any help will be gratefully appreciated, thank you

Answer
Crystal Quartz Clock
Crystal Quartz Clock  
Hazel, there were many types of these clocks made and the do have different mounting arrangements.  If there is no access from the back I would suggest that you try to pull it out by hand.  Some of these clocks have a small hole in the back that you put a in in to push the movement out, but I don't really remember the crystal clocks having this.  If that doesn't work, use a sharp tool like a knife and carefully slip it between the crystal and bezel of the movement, being careful not to mar the bezel.  The movements are usually held in with a rubber ring or spring clips on the movement.  I happen to have one in the shop right now, waiting for a new movement.  They are called fit-ups or inserts.  I will include a photo of it removed.  It uses the clips to hold it in.

John Newman
The Village Clocksmith
Vintage Emperor Clock Consultant
Located in Old Prattvillage
Prattville, Alabama

Typo above.  I went back and added the part about the hole in the back.  I should have written that a PIN should be put in to push the insert out.  Again, I don't think the crystals had this.

John

Clocks, Watches

John Newman