Clocks, Watches/wuba clock

Question
I see the plus/minus,clock runs 10 minutes fast every 24 hours,how do I adjust it.

Answer
Frank, WUBA made many types of clocks.  The movement in yours could be made by Hermle for WUBA.  The model number would be on the lower right corner of the back plate of the movement.  It would start out like 340-, 1050- or something like that.  These Hermle movements use a balance regulator, at the top center of the back plate, one type being the earlier floating balance that has a vertical spiral spring or the later version, a horizontal hairspring like a watch. Others occasionally had what we call a balance platform, which looks even more like a watch assembly.

Let me know which type you have and I can better advise you on the adjustment.  If you can, email me a clear photo of the back of the movement showing the balance regulator.  That would help. My clock shop email address is below.  

One further note, these regulators are rather sensitive and if they become magnetized, dirty or have oil on them, they will run fast.  In this case it would require the attention of a clockmaker experienced in servicing the balances.

John Newman
The Village Clocksmith
Vintage Emperor Clock Consultant
Located in Old Prattvillage
Prattville, Alabama

klokdok@juno.com

Note concerning questions not related to Allexperts:  Because of my commitment to answering Allexperts questions within a prescribed time limit and the large backlog of clock work at my shop, I regret that I cannot answer personal email questions on a timely basis, other than Allexperts follow up questions.  I will try to answer these emails as soon as I can. Thank you for your patience.  

Clocks, Watches

John Newman